Parrot not working

Parrot not working Using the openSPOT

Just got a new openSPOT. The good news is that it works very well. I can make contacts on TGs like TAC-310 and hear/monitor my calls on Hoseline. However, I can't get either Parrot (9990 or 9999) to work. The radio shows "Connecting" and then "Fail" after 5-10 seconds. Both are set up as Private calls. OpenSpot status page shows "TO: 9990" and FROM: My DMR ID." The OpenSpot status then immediately shows a return call "TO: My DMR ID and FROM: 9990". However, I don't hear anything. Using Brandmeister DMR. Any suggestions on how to get the Parrots to talk back to me? Thanks!


Asking the Question to openSPOT support,
Simplex, Yes RX and TX frequencies are the same (434.000/434.000) and the openSPOT modem is in DMR Hotspot mode. I was able to get the openSPOT Parrot (Echo mode) ID 9999 to work by changing this from private call to group call. Also, the Connect Query (ID 9998) and IP Address Query (ID 9001) both work when set as group calls. However, the Brandmeister Parrot (ID 9990) still gives me the same "Fail to Connect" message when set as a private call (which is needed). Maybe there some setting in openSPOT that I need to set or look at in order to send private calls? Somehow the private call feature isn't working I think.


 
 

Reply HA2NON openSPOT creator,
openSPOT's all service DMR IDs work both as a private and group call, so the issue is with your radio's configuration. I think you have the private call confirmed option turned on, please make sure it's turned off.
HA2NON openSPOT creator


Parrot SOLUTION::

The server's echo service (ID 9990) will only answer to private calls. Make sure you start a private call to ID 9990.

The OS1's built-in echo service (ID 9999) will answer both private and group calls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.
Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

SharkRF openSPOT
https://groups.io/g/OpenSPOT
.